- Gartner believes that this technology is moving from innovation trigger to peak of inflated expectation, and will mature in 5 – 10 years.
- Tech experts believe that RASP is the next big thing to edge out perimeter firewalls.
- According to them, RASP will be developed out over the years to play a key role in enterprise security that perimeter firewalls simply can’t tackle.
- There is a proliferation of RASP vendors – Contrast Security, Prevoty, HP, Waratek, Whitehat Security, etc.
- Not everyone buys into RASP. For example, Richard Quinn thinks RASP is dead in the water.
Gartner, Earl Perkins, Top Security Trends for 2015-2016