- Internet of Things is the name given to the computerization of everything in our lives; Internet based thermostats, light bulbs, cars, etc.
- “things” have two parts – sensors and actuators. Sensors collect data about us and the environment. Things like thermostats will know who is in the room.
- Actuators affect the environment. Thermostats will adjust the temperature based on the inputs from sensors.
- Things will collect and figure out what to do more accurately with less and less human interaction. Schneier calls it a world-sized web (WSW) robot.
- These robots will increasingly become autonomous. We need government policies to control WSW as like any technology, WSW could be used for both good and bad.