- On Feb 16, Apple rejected the request by a U.S. federal judge to help bypass encryption of San Bernardino shooter’s iPhone 5C.
- Specifically made three requests:
- Disable iOS auto-erase function
- Enable FBI to submit passcodes to the device electronically
- Disable passcode entry delays
- To comply with the request, Apple says that this will put their customers in danger as it effectively creates a backdoor to all iPhones.
- In an iPhone, only Apple signed software is allowed to run. Because of this FBI cannot load new software to iPhone on their own.
References and More Information