- Hollywood hospital pays $17,000 as bitcoin ransom to hackers to get its computer system back.
- Attack occurred on Feb 5th and infected hospital computers with a malware that encrypted the files in it.
- Attackers demanded 40 bitcoins ($17k) to give the decryption key back to the hospital which the hospital complied to.
- According to LA Times, FBI is currently investigating the issue and declined to give any specific details.
- Since 2010, at least 158 institutions, including medical providers, insurers and hospitals, have reported been hacked.