- According to a survey by LastPass, 95% of Americans share between 1 to 6 passwords with friends or family members.
- This is inspire of the fact that 73% of them knowing the risk of sharing. People share Wi-Fi passwords, Netflix/HBO account passwords, etc.
- The younger you are, the more likely you are to share passwords with a friends: 40% are from 18-29 age group.
- Another problem is people reuse their passwords in other places. Sharing + reusing pose a higher risk.
- It is recommended not to share even seemingly innocuous passwords such as your home Wi-Fi passwords with friends.