- CloudFlare is a web performance and a security focused content delivery network company which already protects its customers from DDoS and other attacks.
- CloudFlare is launching a domain registry service — CloudFlare Registrar — that protects high-profile sites from domain hijackings and domain expiration. Domains are said to never expire.
- CloudFlare Registrar is an ICANN-approved service created specifically for high-profile organizations.
- Instead of using a single password for access to the registrar, CloudFlare Registrar users can opt to secure their domains by setting up a formal approval chain that includes multiple stakeholders who all have to agree to any change.
- CloudFlare also uses two-factor authentication for accessing all accounts. All this is done to prevent DNS hijacking attacks.