[33 seconds | 110 words]
- Mindless social media: Facebook and science aren’t friends. Study after study confirms that mindlessly scrolling through social-media feeds is likely to make you lonely, envious, and dissatisfied with your life.
- Spending all day indoors: Humans didn’t evolve sitting in cubicles, so unsurprisingly we’re hardwired to find happiness in nature and unhappy to be indoors.
- Being materialistic: Excessively focusing on acquiring material goods is one of the quickest route to unhappiness.
- Chronic busyness: Constant busyness and productivity fry your brain and make you unhappy.
- Bottling up your creativity: Keeping your creative abilities (like cooking, knitting or playing a musical instrument, etc.) will make you unhappy and unhealthy as well.