[33.6 sec read]
- FBI’s move to force Apple to bypass the security on its device appears to have triggered a push by Apple to make the security impossible for them to bypass.
- Apple engineers have begun developing new security measures that would make it impossible for the government to break into a locked iPhone.
- Snowden: Congressional intervention would weaken American companies relative to foreign competitors.
- For Apple, security is also a global marketing strategy – current measures will reassure investors and customers.
- If Apple succeeds in upgrading its security — and experts say it almost surely will — the company will create a significant technical challenge for law enforcement agencies