[29 sec read]
- DeepMind, the company inside Google announced the initiatives to create apps for medical professionals.
- It will help identify patients at risk of complications; acute kidney injury is the group’s initial focus.
- Much of the iPhone app (called Streams) functionalities are to come from a copmay called Hark that DeepMind is acquiring.
- While Streams app does not utilize AI now, they have plan to use AI prowess to better predict patient needs.
- DeepMind is partnering with the UK’s National Health Service and, specifically, the Royal Free Hospital London to begin testing Streams.