[39 sec read]
- The title image depicts that in order to have security (protecting your home in this case), you need to give up your privacy (privacy of the couple in this case).
- For example, FBI paints the picture on NSA’s mass surveillance as a trade off between security and privacy.
- However, many experts think that this trade off is a wrong one and people need not have to loose their privacy to gain security.
- Further, there are no records indicating surveillance thwarting large terrorist attacks.
- Another reason debate is on encryption. FBI is thinking that encryption is bad as criminals can also use it for their advantage. However, this assertion is dangerous to the society as encryption keeps us safe and also protects our privacy.