[25 sec read]
- Apple vs. FBI; Shamir “Apple should open only this iPhone for Apple without creating a backdoor for all iPhones. It is possible”.
- Juniper ScreenOS backdoor; Shamir “Suspension about NSA’s move to not to promote EC cryptography”.
- Quantum Computing and the threat to public key cryptography; Shamir “We need to think harder about the readiness of new algorithms for post quantum era”.
- New SHA-3 Standards; Panelists are under agreement that SHA-1 should be discontinued immediately.
- What are other trends; Rivest “Move away from prevention to detection”.
RSA Conference 2016