[41 sec read]
- US National Security Agency chief Michael Rogers warned Tuesday that hackers will try to mount a cyber attack against US infrastructure, similar to the power failure in western Ukraine last year.
- Rogers: “It’s only a matter of the when, not the if, you are going to see a nation state, a group or an actor engage in destructive behavior against critical infrastructure of the United States“.
- In addition to nation state attacks, he was concerned about integrity attacks and attacks by non-state-threat-actors-turned-state-threat-actors.
- He also called for a partnership with citizens and private organizations to together ensure safety and privacy of citizens (ironically against their large scale surveillance program).
- He also belives that there is no single silver bullter nor technology alone can protect the citizens of United States.