[22 sec read]
We list the top 5 tool sets that you need to master to become a data scientist. We would like to emphasize that in order master them, apart from curiosity, you need to have a solid foundation in Probability, Statistics, and Linear Algebra (Math in general).
- Programming – R, Python, SQL, SAS, Julia
- Data Mining – RapidMiner, WEKA, Orange, KNIME
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning – TensorFlow, Mahout, Deeplearning4j, OpenNN
- Data Visualization – D3, ggplots, Flare
- Big Data technologies – Hadoop, NoSQL, RDBMS