[1 minute read]
- The research was based on 15500 female students from England between 2004 and 2014 by the researcher Erica Rascon of Middlesex University, London.
- You may think that your mother was too strict when you were small, but they made you focus on your future everyday by asking you to clean your room and always complete your homework.
- It was found that children who were secure and confident had strict mothers who had high expectations. They were less likely to get pregnant during their teenage years.
- Those children were likely to finish college and land a good job with better pay. Further, they partner with better men.
- Kids used to consider their strict mothers as enemies, but later on their lives they realized that their mothers help shape their future for better.